Populär Historia (Swedish: Popular History) is a Swedish language monthly history magazine published in Malmö, Sweden. The magazine has been in circulation since 1991 and is the first history oriented periodical in the country.
History and profile
Populär Historia was started in 1991. The founding company was Historiska Media. The LRF Media acquired the magazine in May 2010 and owned it until 1 June 2016 when it was sold to the Bonnier Group.
The magazine is based in Malmö. Since 2016 the magazine has been published by the Bonnier Publications on a monthly basis. As of 2016 Jacob Wiberg was the editor-in-chief of the magazine.
- ^ a b c Monica Vinterek (2015). "The use of powerful men, naked women and war to sell. Popular history magazines in Sweden". In Susanne Popp; Jutta Schumann; Miriam Hannig (eds.). Commercialised History: Popular History Magazines in Europe. Frankfurt am Main: Peter Lang AG. pp. 295–318. doi:10.3726/978-3-653-05253-4. ISBN 9783653052534.
- ^ a b Bodil Axelsson (2012). "History in Popular Magazines: Negotiating Masculinities, the Low of the Popular and the High of History". Culture Unbound: Journal of Current Cultural Research. 4 (2). doi:10.25595/1497.
- ^ a b Marianne Sjöland (2011). "A Study of the History Writing of the Magazine Populär Historia and of Commercial Use of History" (PDF). European Crossroads. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- ^ Johan Jarlbrink. "History and Web in Sweden". E-story. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- ^ a b Karl Erik Gustafsson; Per Rydén (2010). A History of the Press in Sweden (PDF). Gothenburg: Litorapid Media AB. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 February 2015.
- ^ a b "New Magazine Brands Acquired". Bonnier Group. 22 March 2016. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- ^ "Om Populär Historia". Populär Historia (in Swedish). Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- ^ a b "Populär Historia". Sveriges Tidskrifter (in Swedish). Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- Official website